Pay on the go with Fitbit Pay
Whether you are out for a run, a ride, or heading to the gym, you can now leave your phone, cards, or cash at home or in your locker. All you need is your Fitbit smart watch or fitness tracker.
Fitbit Pay is designed for people on the go, enabling you to make quick and secured digital payments using your Fitbit watch or fitness tracker. To make purchases, you will simply need to add any of the QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards into the Fitbit device through the Fitbit app available on both Android and iOS.
Why Fitbit Pay?
- No need to carry your physical card nor the phone
It’s simple and convenient to use, allowing you to perform contactless payments even when you leave the cards or phone at home. It’s ideal for people on the go who don’t want to carry more than they need.
- Transactions are private and secured
The card details are never stored or transmitted by Fitbit. Every transaction requires your approval at least once every 24 hours and whenever the device exchanges wrists.
- Free of charge
Whether you are paying for your coffee, groceries or movie ticket you can avail Fitbit Pay without any additional cost for your transactions.
Setting up the device:
- Download the Fitbit app on your mobile device whether from Google Play or Apple Store.
- Select device settings, tap Fitbit Wallet and follow the instructions.
- If you do not have a PIN set up for your Fitbit, you will be requested to create one.
- Add your QNB credit, debit or prepaid card details in the Fitbit Wallet by introducing the card number, expiry date, CVV along with cardholder name.
- Read and accept the QNB’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Verify your QNB card with a verification code that will be transmitted by QNB whether through E-mail or SMS.
For more details please access: https://youtu.be/Z2xC2LzBU68
Secure is the way to go
- For increased security, QNB cardholder will be required to enter the PIN code whenever:
- The device has been removed and put back on your wrist
- Every 24 hours, even if the watch remains on your wrist
- The device is taken off from the wrist or if the optical heart rate is off
- Your card number and identity aren’t shared with the merchant, and your actual card number will not be stored on your device, Instead, a unique Token number is used.
- All transactions are monitored by QNB’s risk and fraud detection systems.
Pay with Fitbit Pay
To make purchases, whether locally or internationally, you will simply need to add any of your QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards on the Fitbit supported devices. This is a straightforward, easy and secured process which will fundamentally change the way you pay for day to day purchases.
It is as simple:
- Press and hold the left button on your smartwatch for 2 seconds. Swipe to the payments screen if it's not shown
- If prompted, enter your 4-digit watch PIN code. Your default QNB card appears on the screen.
- Within 60 sec hold your watch near the POS terminal reader, with the watch facing the reader.
- On a Versa / Versa Special Edition or Ionic smartwatch: To pay with a different Card, swipe across (from right to left) to find the Card you want to use and then hold your wrist near the payment terminal
- On a Charge 3 Special Edition tracker: To pay with a different Card, tap on the screen to find the Card you want to use and then hold your wrist near the payment terminal.
- The watch vibrates or will display a checkmark when it is finished communicating with the reader. The payment is processed using the payment card you selected.
- Payment confirmation would be received through SMS from QNB
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the eligible cards?
QNB credit, debit and prepaid cards can be registered onto Fitbit Pay.
Is Fitbit Pay available to all QNB segments?
Yes. Fitbit Pay is made available to all QNB segments: Retail (Essential), Retail Plus (Select), QNB First and Private Banking. Additionally, Fitbit Pay has been made available for both Corporate and Business cards.
Where can I use Fitbit Pay?
Fitbit Pay uses Near Field Communication (NFC) to make contactless mobile payments. This ensures that Fitbit Pay will work everywhere contactless payments are accepted.
Near Field Communication (NFC) enables devices in close proximity to communicate without any physical contact. Payment transactions using NFC technology can be completed by simply tapping the NFC enabled Fitbit watch or fitness tracker on contactless POS terminals.
How can I use Fitbit Pay?
All you need is a Fitbit watch or a fitness tracker connected to your Android or iOS phone through Fitbit app available on Google Pay and Apple Store. Once the QNB card is registered on your device wallet, you are ready to go for purchases.
How many QNB cards I can register into Fitbit Pay?
Any Garmin user can register up to 6 QNB credit,debit or prepaid cards onto Fitbit Pay
Do I need to have my phone nearby to use Fitbit Pay?
You don’t need to have your phone nearby to use Fitbit Pay. After you set up Fitbit Pay, you can make payments from your smartwatch or fitness tracker and leave your phone at home.
Can I still use Fitbit Pay if my physical QNB Credit, Debit or Prepaid Card are reported lost or stolen?
If your QNB card is lost or stolen, please contact QNB to report the incident so we can block the card immediately and replace it.
Once we block your QNB card you will not be able to use this particular card with Fitbit Pay. Since your QNB card registered on Fitbit Pay is a digital version of your physical plastic card, you need to remove the previous card from Fitbit Pay and register the new replacement card.
Please remember that you will remain liable for all transactions on your QNB card until the time of reporting the loss to QNB.
What should I do if my watch is lost or stolen?
Nothing to worry about! If your watch is lost or stolen, you can still suspend or delete your tokenized QNB card from Fitbit app on your phone.
Can I continue to use Fitbit Pay if my physical QNB Credit , Debit or Prepaid card is due to expire?
You can continue to use Fitbit Pay only till your card expiry date. Once you receive the renewed card you have to register it again on Fitbit Pay.
Does Fitbit Pay have access to my QNB accounts?
No, Fitbit Pay does not have access to your QNB accounts it only facilitate the payment on your QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards.
Do I need to be connected to Wi-Fi or my cellular data network to use Fitbit Pay?
You would only need an internet connection to register your QNB cards or disable them from your Fitbit device.
However, in order for you to perform transactions, you do not need to have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection.
How will I know a transaction was successful?
After completing a payment using Fitbit Pay, payment confirmation will be displayed on your smartwatch screen. Additionally, you will continue to receive transaction alerts through QNB SMS on your registered mobile number.
Can I enroll my supplementary card in Fitbit Pay on a different mobile?
Yes, you can. Whether is your spouse or children that have a QNB supplementary card you should follow the same steps to add their supplementary cards into Fitbit Pay. Once added, they can use their smartwatch or fitness trackers to make payments with their QNB supplementary card.
How can I return a purchase if I used Fitbit Pay to make the purchase?
To return something you bought with Fitbit Pay you'll need your POS receipt, just like you would for any other purchase. To perform the refund, you would have to use the same physical plastic card that has been previously used for the purchase with Fitbit Pay.
How do I keep my device and Card details secure?
- Never leave your device unattended
- Change your device verification code if you are in doubt that anyone else knows it
- Please be aware of unsolicited messages asking you to reveal any personal or financial information, to allow access to your devices or to install software. QNB representatives would never ask for such details to be shared whether you visit the branch or call at Customer Support Call Center.
- Contact QNB as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your device, if it is lost/stolen, or if you think your details have been compromised.
- Make sure your contact details are up to date with QNB so we can get in touch with you quickly should we need to
Was this information helpful?