Enable your active lifestyle with Garmin Pay
Whether out for a run, a ride, or heading to the gym, leave your phone, cards, or cash at home
or in your locker. All you need is your Garmin smart watch.
Garmin Pay is designed for people on the go, enabling you to make quick and secure digital payments using your Garmin watch. In order to make purchases, you will simply need to add any of the QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards into the Garmin watch through the Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) app available on both (Android and iOS).
Why Garmin Pay?
- No need to carry your physical card nor the phone
It’s simple and convenient to use, allowing you to perform contactless payments even when you leave the cards or phone at home. It’s ideal for people on the run who don’t want to carry more than they need, like heading out for a run or going to the gym.
- Transactions are private and secure
The card details are never stored or transmitted by Garmin. Every transaction requires your approval at least once every 24 hours and whenever the device exchanges wrists.
- Free of charge
Whether you are paying for your coffee, groceries or movie ticket you can avail Garmin Pay without any additional cost for your transactions.
Setting up the device:
- Download the Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) app on your mobile device whether from Google Play or Apple Store.
- Select device settings, tap Garmin Wallet and follow the instructions.
- Setup a verification code for your Garmin watch
- Add your QNB credit, debit or prepaid card details in the Garmin Wallet by introducing the card number, expiry date, CVV along with cardholder name.
- Read and accept the QNB’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Verify your QNB card with a verification code that will be transmitted by QNB whether through E-mail or SMS.
For more details please access: https://explore.garmin.com/en-GB/garmin-pay/
Secure is the way
For an increased security, the QNB cardholder will be required to enter the verification code whenever:
- the watch has been removed and put back on wrist
- every 24 hours, even if the watch remains on wrist
- the watch is taken off from the wrist or if the optical heart rate is off
Your Card number and identity aren’t shared with the merchant, and your actual Card number will not be stored on your device - instead a unique Token number is used.
All transactions are monitored by QNB’s risk and fraud detection systems.
Pay with Garmin Pay
To make local or international purchases, you will simply need to add any of your QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards onto the Garmin supported devices. This is a straightforward, easy and secure process which will fundamentally change the way you pay for day to day purchases.
As simple as that:
- Use your device’s buttons and/or touch screen where appropriate to open the Garmin Pay wallet
- Enter your four-digit verification if required.
- Swipe the screen or press buttons to select your preferred QNB digitized card
- Within 60 sec hold your watch near the POS terminal reader, with the watch facing the reader.
- The watch vibrates or will display a checkmark when it is finished communicating with the reader. The payment is processed using the payment card you selected.
- Payment confirmation would be received through SMS from QNB
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the eligible cards?
QNB credit, debit and prepaid cards can be registered onto Garmin Pay.
Is Garmin Pay available to all QNB segments?
Garmin Pay is made available to all QNB segments: Retail (Essential), Retail Plus (Select), QNB First and Private Banking. Additionally Garmin Pay has been made available for both Corporate and Business cards.
Where can I use Garmin Pay?
Garmin Pay uses Near Field Communication (NFC) to make contactless mobile payments. This ensures that Garmin Pay will work everywhere contactless payments are accepted.
Near Field Communication (NFC) enables devices in close proximity to communicate without any physical contact. Payment transactions using NFC technology can be completed by simply tapping the NFC enabled Garmin watch on contactless POS terminals.
How can I use Garmin Pay?
All you need is a Garmin watch connected to your Android or iOS phone through Garmin Connect Mobile (GCM) app available on Google Pay and Apple Store. Once the QNB card is registered on your device wallet, you are ready to go for purchases.
How many QNB cards I can register into Garmin Pay?
Any Garmin user can register up to 10 QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards onto Garmin Pay
How do I Change / Recover my Garmin Pay verification code?
Your passcode cannot be recovered. If you forget your verification code, you must delete your wallet, create a new one, and re-enter your QNB card information.
You can change the verification code required to access your Garmin Pay wallet on your device following the below steps:
- Open Garmin Connect Mobile app
- Select Garmin Pay > Reset verification code
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- The next time you pay using your device, you must enter the new verification code.
Do I need to have my phone nearby to use Garmin Pay?
You don’t need to have your phone nearby to use Garmin Pay. After you set up Garmin Pay, you can make payments from your smartwatch and leave your phone at home.
Can I still use Garmin Pay if my physical QNB Credit, Debit or Prepaid Card are reported lost or stolen?
If your QNB card is lost or stolen, please contact QNB to report the incident so we can block immediately the card and replace it.
Once we block your QNB card you will not be able to use this particular card with Garmin Pay. Since your QNB card registered on Garmin Pay is a digital version of your physical plastic card, you need to remove the previous card from Garmin Pay and register the new replacement card.
Please remember that you will remain liable for all transactions on your QNB card until the time of reporting the loss to QNB.
What should I do if my watch is lost or stolen?
Nothing to worry about! If your watch is lost or stolen, you can still suspend or delete your tokenized QNB card from Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone.
Can I continue to use Garmin Pay if my physical QNB Credit, debit or Prepaid card is due to expire?
You can continue to use Garmin Pay only till your card expiry date. Once you receive the renewed card you have to register it again on Garmin Pay.
Does Garmin Pay have access to my QNB accounts?
No, Garmin Pay does not have access to your QNB accounts it only facilitate the payment on your QNB credit, debit or prepaid cards.
Do I need to be connected to Wi-Fi or my cellular data network to use Garmin Pay?
You would only need an internet connection to register your QNB cards or disable them from your Garmin device.
However, in order for you to perform transactions, you do not need to have a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection.
How will I know a transaction was successful?
After completing a payment using Garmin Pay, payment confirmation will be displayed on your smartwatch screen. Additionally, you will continue to receive transaction alerts through QNB SMS on your registered mobile number.
Can I enroll my supplementary card in Garmin Pay on a different mobile?
Yes, you can. Whether is your spouse or children that have a QNB supplementary card you should follow the same steps to add their supplementary cards into Garmin Pay. Once added, they can use their smartwatch to make payments with their QNB supplementary card.
How can I return a purchase if I used Garmin Pay to make the purchase?
To return something you bought with Garmin Pay you'll need your POS receipt, just like you would for any other purchase. To perform the refund, you would have to use the same physical plastic card that has been previously used for the purchase with Garmin Pay.
How do I keep my device and Card details secure?
- Never leave your device unattended
- Change your device verification code if you are in doubt that anyone else knows it
- Please be aware of unsolicited messages asking you to reveal any personal or financial information, to allow access to your devices or to install software. QNB representatives would never ask for such details to be shared whether you visit the branch or call at Customer Support Call Center.
- Contact QNB as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your device, if it is lost/stolen, or if you think your details have been compromised
- Make sure your contact details are up to date with QNB so we can get in touch with you quickly should we need to
Was this information helpful?